[CentOS] Good things about CentOS 5; problem with flash in seamonkey

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:26:04 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, I reinstalled Seamonkey 1.1.1, and it landed flawlessly,
> although I had to look to find the x86_64 version.

There's a reason.....

> It came without any plugins, as usual, but I have tried reinstalling the flash player
> plugin, and it just won't work, not even with nspluginwrapper
> installed.  Is there some trick to this that I need to know (and
> what?)?

No trick. Sane people don't use the x86_64 browsers because the common
plugins don't support x86_64 yet. No flash for you on x86_64. A simple
amount of googling or checking the list archives would have revealed
this deep secret.

This is why (multiple times on the list, and many times since you've
joined) we tell desktop users to stick with x86, even on x86_64
hardware, unless they're willing to deal with the hassle of
maintaining a multi-arch system.

George Orwell