[CentOS] Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:17:08 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Ruslan Sivak <rsivak at istandfor.com> wrote:
> Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

> Whether or not it was designed to create a Raid5/raid10, it allows the
> creating of raid5 and raid6 during install.  It doesn't, however, allow
> the use of raid10 even if it's created in the shell outside of anaconda
> (or if you have an old installation on a raid10).

My guess is that software Raid10 is still in the eats its children
stage. Most of the time I found it reliable, but I remember the kernel
developers having lots of race condition problems at times. In a
limited memory install region that is anaconda.. these might creep up
more often to be only supported by hand.