[CentOS] java packages - tomcat5?

Daniel de Kok danieldk at pobox.com
Wed May 23 09:02:02 UTC 2007

> Have the jpackage-packaged things like tomcat5 been moved into the disto
> repositories?  Do they work with sun java?  In particular, tomcat5 used
> to require jta.  The one yum installs doesn't mention it now, but it
> also doesn't work with sun java 1.5 installed the jpackage way.  What am
> I missing?

The included Tomcat does require jta:

$ rpm -q --requires tomcat5-common-lib | grep 'jta'
jta >= 0:1.0.1
jta >= 0:1.0.1

Which is at least provided by geronimo-specs-compat. Anyway, back to the
issue, what does your Tomcat log say (/var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out)? If
it is something along the lines of:

---
sun.misc.InvalidJarIndexException: Invalid index
        at sun.misc.URLClassPath
$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:769)
        at sun.misc.URLClassPath
$JarLoader.getResource(URLClassPath.java:682)
        at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(URLClassPath.java:161)
[...]
---

You are probably bumping into the issue described here:
https://www.zarb.org/pipermail/jpackage-discuss/2007-May/011416.html

Until upstream fixes this, I think the only solution is to rebuild
Tomcat without brp-java-repack-jars being used, use the updated Tomcat
packages from JPackage, or stick to gcj.

-- Daniel