[CentOS] CentOS cutom kernel compilation

Tue May 8 04:34:15 UTC 2007
Brijesh Shukla <shukla.brijesh at gmail.com>

Could any one let me know how can I compile & build CentOS kernel.
In redhat Linux the kernel source ia available under /usr/src/linux
But in CentOS i am getting two directories named as
Kernels and redhat under /usr/src
the directory /usr/src/redhat is having again four subdirectory without any
contents name as BUILD, RPMS, SPECS, SRPM
And
/usr/src/kenrnels is having the the directory 2.6.9-42.EL-hugemem-i686,
2.6.9-42.EL-i686, 2.6.9-42.EL-smp-i686

I dig the directory source 2.6.9-42.EL-i686, when I am executing make
command after make menuconfig,
I am getting error as "include/asm-i386/asm_offsets.h -- no such file or
directory..

 I am not sure wheather i am doing the right operation?

Could any body suggest me any How to or step by step guide for CentOS kernel
compilation

Thanks in advance
Brijesh Shukla