[CentOS] iFolder server on Centos 5

Thu May 10 21:27:22 UTC 2007
Tim Uckun <timuckun at gmail.com>

I was just browsing the ifolder web site and I stumbled on this link
http://live.gnome.org/Banter/

Apparently novell is working on a new collaboration suite written in C#.

I don't know if (or how many) ifolder devs were pulled for that
project but it does mean less resources available for other C#
projects at novell.

I don't know why they continue on this path. Clearly C#/mono is not
suitable for rapid development.  They were supposed to release a
stable 3.5 server over a year ago and they sill don't have one. They
hinted at a stable 3.6 release for brainshare a couple of months ago
and it's not even in beta. Nobody at the ifolder developers list will
even attempt at hazarding a guess as to when 3.6 will be done. If you
ask all you get is silence.

You know it would not be too hard to slap together something like
ifolders using subversion, you could even get locking for free.  Only
if I had more time....