[CentOS] CentOS 5 dual head doesn't work

Wed May 2 20:11:45 UTC 2007
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> I would have thought that CentOS 5 was better about this, and the
> FireGL card is listed (but it doesn't work when I try to use it)

Listed where? Which chipset is that? ATI is actively ignoring Open
Source development of their newer cards and their own fglrx drivers
plainly suck.

So you are left with the vesa drivers, which is pretty high up on the
suckiness scale also - but at least should work with every card. You're
probably not even having 2D acceleration with that driver.

Try with the fglrx drivers - they might be that tad better than the vesa
drivers are. And it seems to be your only chance to use both monitors.

Ralph