[CentOS] CentOS 5 dual head doesn't work

Wed May 2 20:26:30 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 5/2/07, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> > I would have thought that CentOS 5 was better about this, and the
> > FireGL card is listed (but it doesn't work when I try to use it)
>
> Listed where? Which chipset is that? ATI is actively ignoring Open
> Source development of their newer cards and their own fglrx drivers
> plainly suck.

They're listed in the system-config-display video card list, but I
couldn't select them for some reason.

> Try with the fglrx drivers - they might be that tad better than the vesa
> drivers are. And it seems to be your only chance to use both monitors.

The only ones I saw were for XFree86 - nothing for Red Hat or CentOS
or SuSE or anything else - is there a chance those would work?

I was using the VESA drivers in 4.4 and they seemed to be okay for the
most part....

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)