[CentOS] Re: Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Wed May 9 13:22:45 UTC 2007
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Ruslan Sivak wrote:

> Yea, I think for these reasons I will use lvm.  I have set up a system
> as follows:
>
> /boot raid 1 200mb 4 drives no spares (I guess this makes 4 copies of
> the data?)

What't the point of putting this on more than 2 drives?

> / 10gb on lvm
> /data 50gb on lvm
> /backup 250gb on lvm
>
> rest of space left free to allow for resizing and adding of partitions
> with lvm
>
> I will pull out a drive tommorow and see how resilient this is.  Does
> this sound like a good solution?

It is versatile, if you don't know where the additional space will be
needed but don't think mounting it as separate partitions in
subdirectories will be handy.  I forgot to mention the other reason I
like straight RAID1 installs - you can easily clone a machine with all
of its current software  by pulling a drive, booting it in a new machine
and rebuilding the raids on both.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com