[CentOS] Error building kernel for CentOS 5.0

Mon May 21 17:17:45 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 5/21/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've posted the buildlog for this kernel at :
> > http://dev.centos.org/~z00dax/misc/kernel-2.6.18-8.el5-build_log take a
> > look and see how that is different from your own results.
> >

> Forgive my audacity, but would it not be simpler to post a sample of .rpmmacros?

Your rpmmacros file may not be the only thing affecting it. This is
why it was recommended that you compare the output. If you're lazy,
learn to use diff.

> Here's mine:
>
> $ cat .rpmmacros
> %_topdir      %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild
> %_smp_mflags  -j3
> %__arch_install_post   /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths   /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
> %_query_all_fmt %%{name}-%%{version}-%%{release}.%%{arch}
>
> Clearly the __arch_install_post line is wrong, but what should this contain?

You have to make the rpmmacros file from scratch since it doesn't
exist by default. This begs the question: Why are you including things
if you have no idea what they are? When you added the lines you have,
did you not check to make sure that the files actually exist?

George Orwell