[CentOS] Error building kernel for CentOS 5.0

Mon May 21 18:18:47 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 5/21/07, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Your rpmmacros file may not be the only thing affecting it. This is
> why it was recommended that you compare the output. If you're lazy,
> learn to use diff.

Ah, of course - the confrontational approach.  I love it!

> You have to make the rpmmacros file from scratch since it doesn't
> exist by default. This begs the question: Why are you including things
> if you have no idea what they are? When you added the lines you have,
> did you not check to make sure that the files actually exist?

Leftovers from 4.4.

However, I am chastised - I will pore through that and see what comes
up, if removing everything except the HOME line in the file does not
work (the true "lazy" approach :-).  On the other hand, again with
audacity I ask, would it not have been simpler just to say, as
Karanbir did, "it needs to contain nothing?"

--
Mark Hull-Richter
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)