[CentOS] Re: newer HP G4 and G5 servers and centos :-)

Thu May 24 21:50:18 UTC 2007
AbbaComm.Net <lists06 at abbacomm.net>

Thanks for all the feedback

So the bottom line is that the HP rackmount servers are rock solid in G1
through G5...

Just a coupla issues here and there?

I have been following the eBay G1 - G5 market for some time and have been
trying to make heads or tails out of it... meaning, are people shedding
flawed servers or junk, or.... is there truly just a large secondary market
there.

We use G1 and G2 boxen on some lower to mid traffic functions and they are
rock solid awesome.

We are just trying to figure out how many mortgages to take out on the home
to get a couple of identical G5 units...

;-)

Sooooo what else do we need to know before we jump into the newer boxen?

 - rh

--
Abba Communications
Spokane, WA