[CentOS] wich apc ups?

Tue May 29 18:48:09 UTC 2007
Thomas Harold <tgh at tgharold.com>

Euroka wrote:
> I want to buy a UPS wfor a PE2800 but I'm mnot sure wich one to choose.
> is 1000 VA enough or do I need the 1500 VA version?

That probably depends on how many drives you have installed (along with
how much run-time you want, and how much you want to pay for replacement
batteries every few years).

There's also the option of getting a 1500VA model (APC Smart-UPS 1500VA
Silent Alarm SUA1500X413) with a silent alarm, and I'm not sure whether
they make it in a 1000VA model.  If you have alternate notification
methods and dislike the noisy alarms, that might be an option.

Our PE2800 is hooked up to a 1500VA unit, has 6 drives installed, and I
think it lights up 2 out of 5 load indicators.  I don't have current
numbers on the amount of runtime that gives us.  And there might be one
or two other lightweight (KVMs) pieces of equipment attached.