[CentOS] Yum Problem

Jun Salen nokijun at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 01:17:40 UTC 2007

I have no problem running yum update inside the root prompt, but when running yum using sudo as logged-in as ordinary user and command the 'sudo yum update', I am having below error:

Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/mirrors-rpmforge error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmforge

This happened even I try to export my proxy server since where using them to connect internet. This is in a newly installed CentOS5 box. I also try to issue 'yum clean metadata' and  'yum clean all' but the problem still persists.  Can you please give me the clue on how to solve this.

Linux Registered User #253162