[CentOS] Dual boot box: WinXP & CentOS 5: ImpossibletorestoreWinXP?

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Mon Nov 19 21:39:16 UTC 2007

Phil Schaffner wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 15:12 -0500, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> > Lanny Marcus wrote:
> > > All of your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated! I am
> > > beginning to *hate* MS Windows, but there are still a few
> things we
> > > use it for. Lanny
>
> Ditto.
>
> > There isn't really anything wrong with Windows, it's just
> Microsoft's
> > lax default security that is the problem.
>
> That and the slow release of patches for known exploits.

Well, actually I don't like the way Microsoft conducts business, but I
must say that on the whole their turnaround time for patches and fixes
is impressive.

Now we can always argue at what Microsoft considers critical or
otherwise, but for critical security fixes one can often see a 7-day
turnaround.

You want to see slow turnaround for security fixes look at Apple.