[CentOS] 2 DHCP server in one subnet

Bleier Thomas Thomas.Bleier at arcs.ac.at
Wed Nov 28 13:43:25 UTC 2007

Hi Fajar,

on the Linux DHCPD I would add an "allow" directive to the pool, and put your LTSP clients in a class:

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  class "ltsp" {
    match if ...
  }

  pool {
    allow members of "ltsp";
  }
}

Afaik W2K DHCP does not have such an option - so you could probably try to fill the W2K DHCP address range with reservations, so that it does not have any more IP addresses to serve for other clients that you want. But I did not test that, so YMMV...

You said you have to have your W2K server running - but couldn't you just disable the DHCP-Server on it and serve all your clients form the Linux DHCPD? Recent versions of dhcpd also support dynamic DNS registration, so I don't see any (technical) reason why to keep the W2K DHCP...

Just my 2c,
__
/homas

--