[CentOS] backups and md5 all in one while splitting

Fri Nov 9 19:18:29 UTC 2007
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Ruslan Sivak wrote:

> I'm trying to back up our svn repositories, and I found a nice
> little backup command line bzip's the backup and creates the md5
> hash all in one:

If you have a newer Subversion, svnsync is great for this, albeit
without the md5 sums. The destination repository is an exact replica,
revision properties and all, of the source repo.

E.g.,

   svnadmin create /srv/svn/myrepo.bak
   echo '#!/bin/sh' > /srv/svn/myrepo.bak/hooks/pre-revprop-change
   chmod +x /srv/svn/myrepo.bak/hooks/pre-revprop-change
   svnsync init file:///srv/svn/myrepo.bak http://src.me.com/svn/myrepo
   svnsync sync file:///srv/svn/myrepo.bak

Then, somewhat regularly,

   svnsync sync file:///srv/svn/myrepo.bak