[CentOS] backups and md5 all in one while splitting

Fri Nov 9 21:02:14 UTC 2007
Ruslan Sivak <rsivak at istandfor.com>

Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007, Ruslan Sivak wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to back up our svn repositories, and I found a nice little
>> backup command line bzip's the backup and creates the md5 hash all in
>> one:
>
> If you have a newer Subversion, svnsync is great for this, albeit
> without the md5 sums. The destination repository is an exact replica,
> revision properties and all, of the source repo.
>
> E.g.,
>
>   svnadmin create /srv/svn/myrepo.bak
>   echo '#!/bin/sh' > /srv/svn/myrepo.bak/hooks/pre-revprop-change
>   chmod +x /srv/svn/myrepo.bak/hooks/pre-revprop-change
>   svnsync init file:///srv/svn/myrepo.bak http://src.me.com/svn/myrepo
>   svnsync sync file:///srv/svn/myrepo.bak
>
> Then, somewhat regularly,
>
>   svnsync sync file:///srv/svn/myrepo.bak

One problem with this... my destination is on a mounted S3 drive, and
for some reason I can't set up a working SVN repo on there.  Speaking of
which, is anyone running svn on S3?  Are there plans for an S3 backend?
Perhaps I should make this a new thread...

Russ