[CentOS] freenx

Tue Nov 13 21:57:24 UTC 2007
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 22:14 +0100, Michael Oevermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems getting freenx running in CentOS 4.5  i386_64. I
> know this is not a new problem, however, I havn't
> found a solution in all the postings I found on the web.
>
> I did exactly what is supposed to work and described in detail at
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX
>
> After doing that I can connect to the server with nxcleint without
> problem but I get only a black screen. In the files
>
> .nx/S.../session  and errors
>
> I see the warning
>
> Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-gnome'. Assuming agent session.
>
> The same happens with KDE.
>
> With the command
>
> nxloadconfig --check
>
> I get the output
>
> Warning: Could not find nxdesktop in /usr/bin. RDP sessions won't work.
> Warning: Could not find nxviewer in /usr/bin. VNC sessions won't work.
> Warning: Invalid value "APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/
> libX11.so.6.2:/usr/lib/libXext.so.6.4:/usr/lib/libXcomp.so.2:/usr/lib/
> libXcompext.so:/usr/lib/libXrender.so.1.2". /usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2
> could not be found. Users will not be able to run a single
> application in non-rootless mode.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_FOOMATIC=/usr/lib/cups/driver/
> foomatic-ppdfile"
>           Users will not be able to use foomatic.
> Warning: "/usr/lib/cups/backend/nxipp" is not executable.
>           Users will not be able to enable printing.
> Warning: "/usr/lib/cups/backend/smb" is not executable.
>           Users will not be able to enable printing.
> Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
>           Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
> Warning: Invalid cupsd version of "/usr/sbin/cupsd". Need version 1.2.
>           Users will not be able to enable printing.
> Error: Could not find 1.5.0 or 2.[01].0 or 3.0.0 version string in
> nxagent. NX 1.5.0 or 2.[01].0 or 3.0.0 backend is needed for this
> version of FreeNX.
>
>    Errors occured during config check.
>    Please correct the configuration file.
>

> The libraries are definitely not where nx looks for them - they are
> located at /usr/lib64/NX/lib (and symlinks under (usr/lib/NX/lib).
> What is going wrong here? I also tried to use nxconfig with --setup-
> nomachine-key with the same results, except that
> I did not need to import the key in the nxclient anymore.
>
> Does anyone has an idea to solve the problem?

hmmm, working on a x86_64 box ?
Have you installed from scratch or have you made an upgrade ? if so,
have you followed this 'manual update' ? :
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-October/088312.html

Which versions are actually installed and for which architectures ?
rpm -q nx freenx --queryformat %{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}\\n

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>
Solution ?