[CentOS] Dual boot box: WinXP & CentOS 5: Impossible to restore WinXP?

Wed Nov 21 15:17:52 UTC 2007
Lanny Marcus <lannyma at gmail.com>

On Tuesday, 20 November 2007, "Bart Schaefer" <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>I'd second this, but I'd say it's much better to go in the direction
>of 10G than 5.  I installed WinXP  on a Mac Mini (BootCamp) with 5GB
>on the internal drive and everything else on a firewire external
>drive, and now after about a year of automatic updates that 5GB is so
>nearly consumed that I'm having to shuffle things around by hand to
>keep it working.  It's just too damn difficult to prevent Windows
>software from dumping crap on the C: drive (and then referencing its
>location in the registry so it becomes nearly impossible to relocate
>it).

Bart: I'm contemplating using 10 of the 40 GB for WinXP and the rest
for CentOS 5. I hope to redo this box on Friday. What you mentioned is
one of my many pet peeves about Windows. Frequently, I will install
some Windows ap and the piggish programmers who wrote the stuff were
not professional enough to allow me to select where I want it
installed (our other boxes have a D partition for Programs, which is
where I'd want it installed) and they just go ahead and install into
C, as if they own the box.  Lanny