[CentOS] Announcing the CentOS on Laptops initiative

Tue Nov 27 19:28:55 UTC 2007
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On Nov 27, 2007 9:16 AM, Johnny Tan <linuxweb at gmail.com> wrote:
> One (more general, not CentOS-specific) problem that I have
> is that there's no network profile manager. Traveling among
> 4 different locations (none with DHCP) means constantly
> going in and changing my network settings. Anyone know of a
> program to do something like what OS X does?

There is a NetworkManager package for CentOS 4 and 5 which has a gnome
"helper" UI, but I found that it didn't play well with ndiswrapper
(which I needed because the bcm43xx driver didn't work for me) so I
ended up disabling it.  Also it seems to want to have only one network
interface active at a time, i.e., I could not both plug in a wired
network and activate the wireless with NetworkManager.