[CentOS] Re: change md uuid?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Oct 2 19:56:03 UTC 2007

on 10/2/2007 11:36 AM Les Mikesell spake the following:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> on 10/2/2007 9:45 AM Les Mikesell spake the following:
>>> I sometimes clone working machines by separating RAID1 mirrors and
>>> letting each re-sync with a new partner in different machines.  What
>>> will happen if a mismatched pair of these drives ever end up together
>>> in the same machine?  If there is any chance that they would
>>> automatically be paired, is there a way to change the uuid when
>>> moving to a new machine so that wouldn't happen?
>>>
>> I don't think mismatched uuid's would automatically pair unless you
>> forced it.
>
> But won't all sets rebuilt from the common parent have matching uuids?

I think there is some other metadata with the uuid's that should stop auto
pairing. Now if you use --add with the second drive, it will probably make it
sync.
I suppose some experimentation is necessary.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and