[CentOS] yum $releasever thinks it's 1 instead of 3 - Nevermind

Steve Campbell

campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Oct 10 13:15:31 UTC 2007

Never mind. I updated with the centos-release rpm and that seemed to fix it.

Thanks for any who may have offered already.

Original below:

I just upgraded one of my Tao boxes to Centos 3. The usual procedure is
to do a yum update twice, and all is fine.

This time, I had to rebuilddb before I could run the second yum update,
and once I started this, yum fails. It says that $releasever is "1.0".

Now I realize I could manually edit my yum.conf and make it go to 3, but
this may not fix the problem down the road. Can someone tell me where
this variable is defined, and any suggestions on how to fix this
problem, please? Might a reinstall of yum packages fix this, as a last
resort?

Thanks very much.

Steve Campbell