[CentOS] udp question

mike.redan at bell.ca mike.redan at bell.ca
Thu Oct 11 13:37:41 UTC 2007

	-----Original Message-----
	From: centos-bounces at centos.org
[mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of chloe K

	i all

	I use linux as GiGE router and have 6 NIC on it
	Those days the NIC interrupt takes around 100% CPU but the
system is 4G memroy and 8 CPU. I can't see any error packet in this NIC
interface too

	After I block the udp, the %CPU drops. but the UDP only takes
around 8M in general

	Is there any chance you have a routing loop problem? when your
CPU jumps to 100% usage, is traffic still passing, and your applications
working? (I am also assuming that all 8CPU's are at 100% usage)

	are you blocking the UDP traffic with iptables on your linux
box? if so...maybe set it to be a log rule instead, then analyze those
logs.

	as a side note, when your interrupts are taking 100% CPU...it is
called "Live Lock" (in case you didn't know)

	We use UDP traffic for voice.

	Do you have any suggestion ?  increase the kernel parameter?

	I take it that there was no interesting information in 'dmesg'
as well.

	Mike