[CentOS] DocX support in OpenOffice

first last prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 14:03:54 UTC 2007

> Is that the new Microsoft format? Support for that is planned in
> OpenOffice version 3, afaik. You should ask the creators of the
> X-formats (x-files? hehe)  .docx, .xlsx etc save in an earlier format
> and send to you.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. At work we run an application that
reads and convertes MS Office documents via OpenOffice.

By the way, telling your clients to upload again in a different format
is never an option, especially if the files are generated from
automated systems. They will just choose a different provider that
doesn't required them to make changes to their existing systems.

I am asking because there is a plugin from Novell that works with other
versions of OpenOffice/Linux (Ubuntu and Suse) but we use CentOS/RHEL,
so I need to get that version running.

Gabriel