[CentOS] DocX support in OpenOffice

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 18 18:45:56 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:03:54 +0100 (BST)
first last <prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> By the way, telling your clients to upload again in a different format
> is never an option, especially if the files are generated from
> automated systems. They will just choose a different provider that
> doesn't required them to make changes to their existing systems.

They already changed their existing systems, as Microsoft Word 200-whatever
that creates these docx files didn't exist until a few months ago.

Perhaps it would help if you pointed out to them that the Open Document Format
is an ISO standard for document storage and exchange, and suggest that they use
that instead.

I have never had that kind of a problem when people come to me for solutions:
"You want to do X, therefore you require Y.  Get Y."  They do so, and things
move along from there.