[CentOS] kmod-drbd

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Oct 25 00:32:55 UTC 2007

Ross Cavanagh wrote:
> hi, I was following this wiki http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Ha-Drbd for
> my CentOS 5 installation, but it appears that the kmod-drdb is not for
> the newest kernel. Would anyone know how long before this is updated?
> kmod-drbd               i686       8.0.6-  extras
> kernel                  i686       2.6.18-8.el5     installed

The newest kernel is 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5 ... it was just released
yesterday ... the one you have listed is very old (it is the one off the

BUT you can install the other version with this command:

rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.i686.rpm

(each command is one line if it wraps)

I never use yum to update my DRBD servers anyway.

I should have the CentOS Plus kernels and all the kmods for
2.6.18-8.1.15 done in a couple days.