[CentOS] Re: Zimbra error on centos 4.4

Tue Oct 9 20:29:44 UTC 2007
Matthew Berg <galt at gothpoodle.com>

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 13:23 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> umair shakil wrote:
> >
> >    Salam,
> >    openldap & bind package is missing .........
>
> Errrrm. No.
>
> >    daemon: bind(7) failed errno=99 (Cannot assign requested address)
> >    slap_open_listener: failed on ldap://mailgw.la-[2] marge.com:389
>
> slapd cannot bind to the adress:port - probably because something is
> already listening there.

Zimbra will check for port conflicts during the install.  My initial
guess is that selinux is enabled in enforcing mode.  Zimbra currently
doesn't support selinux at all (even in permissive mode, unless you
modify /etc/pam.d/su).

(I've run through over a hundred zimbra installs and upgrades on CentOS
4.x, so I know it works. :)

--
Matthew Berg <galt at gothpoodle.com>