[CentOS] Can't get XFS enabled on Centos 5.0

Fri Oct 12 06:58:03 UTC 2007
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Thursday 11 October 2007, Dan Carl wrote:
> I anm trying to enable XFS with no success.
> I followed the instructions provided in
> http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/CentOSPlus
> I installed the new kernel.
> Example: 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.centos.plus
>
> I also installed these packages as described in a post I found
> yum install --enablerepo=centosplus xfsprogs xfsprogs-devel

1) you don't need the centosplus kernel use the normal one
2) you do need the kmod-xfs package (the xfs module) and xfsprogs
3) all this from extras not centosplus

> lsmod shows nothing about XFS

xfs is only loaded if you do either "modprobe xfs" or if you try to mount an
xfs filesystem.

/Peter