[CentOS] Can't get XFS enabled on Centos 5.0 <Solved>

Fri Oct 12 17:31:32 UTC 2007
Dan Carl <danc at bluestarshows.com>

On Thursday 11 October 2007, Dan Carl wrote:
> >I anm trying to enable XFS with no success.
> >I followed the instructions provided in
> >http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/CentOSPlus
>> I installed the new kernel.
> >Example: 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.centos.plus
>>
>> I also installed these packages as described in a post I found
>> yum install --enablerepo=centosplus xfsprogs xfsprogs-devel

>1) you don't need the centosplus kernel use the normal one
Peters right, an it probably more reiable
>2) you do need the kmod-xfs package (the xfs module) and xfsprogs
>3) all this from extras not centosplus
Ok I rolled back my kernel
installed the kmod-xfs and xfsprogs packages
I also installed xfsdumb dmapi (per another post)

>xfs is only loaded if you do either "modprobe xfs" or if you try to mount
an
>xfs filesystem.
now when I modprobe xfs it loads.
Thanks