[CentOS] Re: fcpci from atrpm-repop and CentOS5-Plus-kernel

Wed Oct 17 20:01:44 UTC 2007
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 03:03:29AM -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Timothy Kesten wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have to setup a new server with a fritz-pci-ISDN-card inside.
> > For it the fcpci-Packages from atrpm-repo is needed.
> > Trying to install this package on a machine with the newest CentOS5-Plus
> > Kernel I get an error message
> >
> > Missing Dependency: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.1.14.el5 is needed by package
> > fcpci-kmdl-2.6.18-8.1.14.el5
> >
> > Okay -I have a vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.1.14.el5.centos.plus.
> >
> > Any hints to solve this problem????
> >
> > Thx
> > Timothy
>
> Do you really need the centosplus kernel?
>
> The problem seems to be that the package was rebuilt on the standard kernel.
>
> I have no idea how kmdl would work with the centosplus kernel as I don't
> personally use kmdl packages, but very few people really need the
> centosplus kernel unless they are doing something out of the ordinary.

Hi,

if one needs any of the kmdls for the CentOS plus kernel - which I
should start supporting from ATrpms proper, but until then users will
need to cater for themselves - you can rebuild kmdls for it w/o
a need to edit the distro-shared src.rpm.

Instructions:

smart/yum/apt-get install atrpms-rpm-config
wget -N ..../foo-1.2.3-4.src.rpm (this is the shared src.rpm for foo kmdls)
rpmbuild -bb --define 'kmdl_userland 0' foo-1.2.3-4.src.rpm

It will build kmdls for the running kernel (provided the kernel
sources/headers are at the canonical place). One can also pass
arguments to build kmdls for non-running kernels, if one needs to.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net