[CentOS] Re: fcpci from atrpm-repop and CentOS5-Plus-kernel

Wed Oct 17 20:29:14 UTC 2007
Timothy Kesten <centos-lst at gmx.de>

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 22:01 schrieb Axel Thimm:
> if one needs any of the kmdls for the CentOS plus kernel - which I
> should start supporting from ATrpms proper, but until then users will
> need to cater for themselves - you can rebuild kmdls for it w/o
> a need to edit the distro-shared src.rpm.
>
> Instructions:
>
> smart/yum/apt-get install atrpms-rpm-config
> wget -N ..../foo-1.2.3-4.src.rpm (this is the shared src.rpm for foo kmdls)
> rpmbuild -bb --define 'kmdl_userland 0' foo-1.2.3-4.src.rpm
>
> It will build kmdls for the running kernel (provided the kernel
> sources/headers are at the canonical place). One can also pass
> arguments to build kmdls for non-running kernels, if one needs to.

Hi Axel,

I'm not familar in kernel-/package-building.
And that's not the problem because I will setup a new server from scratch.
Therefore I can use the default kernel from base repo.
And I will use the fcpci-RPMs from atrpm how they are delivered.

Nevertheless thank you for your reply

Timothy