[CentOS] How to mount a remote file system to another linux box

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:22:49 UTC 2007

On 9/19/07, Tomasz Napierała <zen at allegro.pl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 September 2007 06:34:58 Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> > I have a web server running CentOS 4.4 @ LAN. I can view those graphs
> via
> > this web server , if I can mount those graphs to this web server.
> >
> > my firewall has 3 nics. eth2 is connected to the LAN. my
> > web server @ LAN is
> >

> > How can I achieve this ?
> Some ideas comes to my mind:
> - export folder containing graphs via NSF on desired net interface, but
> it's bit over the top.

I think I expect something like exporting  folder containing graphs via NSF.

I have never used NSF. I think it may be someting easy.

below is the location of graphs (these graphs are on my firewall - ip is ) i want to export it to webserver @

can U help me for the above.

- look at running httpd only on internal interface (but that would limit
> access to the graphs to your LAN only)

    I also thoght it. Then, World can not see this.

- use rsync

> But to keep security tight I would simply schedule cron job transfering
> those
> files to web server.
    I thought this one as well. garphs are upated every 10 seconds. cronjob
is not so helpful.

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya