[CentOS] CentOS Plus PHP5 upgrade.

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Mon Sep 24 17:42:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 01:25:21PM -0400, David Mackintosh wrote:
> I have some users who have a 64-bit CentOS 4.x install (current),
> which was installed with @Everything and then some annoying packages
> strategically removed (mrtg, pegasus*, mailman...) and they have
> decided they have a need for php5.

So I browsed back through the previous day's CentOS list traffic, and
I find an email that sounds suspiciously close to my problem, with
advice to check out

  http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/CentOSPlus/CentOSWebStack

So I have followed those recommendations about the
yum-priorities-plugin and now I'm in a deeper hole than I was when I
started:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: php = 4.3.9-3.22.9 is needed by package php-pear
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by package perl-DBD-Pg
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by package perl-DBD-MySQL

If anyone has any advice about either situation I'd appreciate it but
I may have to resort to uninstalling everything and starting again.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |