[CentOS] HP DL140 Help Required

Fri Sep 7 05:23:23 UTC 2007
umair shakil <umairshakeel at gmail.com>

Dear All,

Salam!!!

Well i am using CentOS release 4.3 (Final). From the start i installed the
CentOs plus kernal;

 CentOS (2.6.9-42.0.8.plus.c4smp)

I was facing the problem, that is system poweroffs, as this was happening
randomly, but always found
this problem in the night or even early morning. Also i assure you that
system and all applications work
normally in the office timings as i use to work on the machine and no
problem can be seen, problem always occured
in the night or in morning means after office timings.

I checked;

less /var/log/dmesg

it says BIOS Corrupt.

 ACPI-0584: *** Warning: Type override - [DEB_] had invalid type (Integer)
for Scope operator, changed to (Scope)

I changed the kernel to;
2.6.9-34.ELsmp

Well, system poweroffs too yesterday night, but this time no BIOS error in
"dmesg" and second warning was there still;

ACPI-0584: *** Warning: Type override - [DEB_] had invalid type (Integer)
for Scope operator, changed to (Scope)

I am not able to figure out the problem, if any one can help me????

Regards,

Umair Shakil
Askari Bank Limited