[CentOS] HP DL140 Help Required

Fri Sep 7 06:40:31 UTC 2007
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Friday 07 September 2007, umair shakil wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Salam!!!
>
> Well i am using CentOS release 4.3 (Final). From the start i installed the
> CentOs plus kernal;
>
>  CentOS (2.6.9-42.0.8.plus.c4smp)

That is an updated centos-4.4 kernel

> I was facing the problem, that is system poweroffs, as this was happening
> randomly,

What kind of d140 is this? We run several g3 machines with no problem (tested
both centos-4 and 5). You may want to check the IPMI System Event Log for
clues: "ipmitool sel list".

> it says BIOS Corrupt.
>
>  ACPI-0584: *** Warning: Type override - [DEB_] had invalid type (Integer)
> for Scope operator, changed to (Scope)

wow, never seen this. Have you tried to run HP hardware diagnostics or
upgrade/reburn your bios? Maybe even just resetting your bios-options to
default would be an idea.

/Peter