[CentOS] CentOS 5 (64) Gnome - not detecting Optical Mouse

Sun Sep 2 06:52:19 UTC 2007
Lukasz <seem at gazeta.pl>

User Siva GNU/Linux wrote:
> Hi
> I am using CentOS 5 64bit, i can install successfully on the below hardware.
> while booting i can see the Pointer and use Mouse. But While i get a Login
> screen I couldn't see the pointer, after login also i can't. when i press
> CTRL button, it shows where the pointer is.. What should i do to enable and
> work with Mouse.

is it USB or PS2 mouse?

this looks like gnome issue, sunce mouse is visible while rhgb
running, but mouse can be configured directly in file
/etc/X11/xorg.conf; can you send us context of this file?

also, you can disable rhgb; check the file /boot/grub/menu.lst
and (after backup to /root/important/ or other safe from users
directory) and delete every "rhgb" you find

--
Opole - Miasto Bez Granic.
http://www.opole.pl - tu znajdziesz nowe miejsca, nowe mozliwosci, nowe inspiracje...