[CentOS] CentOS 5 (64) Gnome - not detecting Optical Mouse

Sun Sep 2 07:35:37 UTC 2007
Chris Geldenhuis <chris.gelden at iafrica.com>

Siva GNU/Linux wrote:
> Hi
> I am using CentOS 5 64bit, i can install successfully on the below
> hardware. while booting i can see the Pointer and use Mouse. But While
> i get a Login screen I couldn't see the pointer, after login also i
> can't. when i press CTRL button, it shows where the pointer is.. What
> should i do to enable and work with Mouse.
>
> AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
> ASUS Nvidia Geforce Chipset board
> 1GB DDR 2
> 80 GB SATA
> 17" TFT
> Logitech Optical Mouse
>

> --
> cheers,
> SivaPrakash.SK
> +91-98840-57147.

Hi Siva,

I have been battling with the same problem for a few weeks now. From
everything I can find it appears that the graphics controller on these
motherboards (mine has the C15G nVidia chipset and the controller is
recognised as a GEForce 6100).

I followed Jim Perrin's instructions and downloaded and installed the
nVidia driver from RPMForge and still have the same problem. My next
step is to try to find a PCI or PCI express graphics card that is
supported by Linux so that I can start using this server.

The subject of the thread in which my problems were discussed is: "nVdia
C15G chipset and GeForce 6100 on board graphix controller"

Sorry that I cannot give you more positive feedback but hope that this
helps in some way.

ChrisG