[CentOS] SysVinit guidance, please

Wed Sep 5 09:45:44 UTC 2007
Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com>

I would evaluate the difference before to do that.
You should unpack both package in a temporary directory and look for difference.
This is very easy they are all text file.

Use # rpm2cpio RPM_file | cpio -idv
to unpack the RPM file

and # diff -ru /tmp/dir1 /tmp/dir2
to compare recursively text file

This will help you to understand what your probleme is.
Be carefull about file /etc/init.d/halt , this is the last command run
when shutingdow

regards

Alain