[CentOS] dvb modules not in CentOS plus kernel for target=i686

Tue Sep 4 17:37:18 UTC 2007
Tony <pthagonal at gmail.com>

I'm just trying to setup my hauppauge nova-T freeview card under
Centos 5. It works on the same hardware under CentOS 4.x using the
CentOS plus kernel.  Having installed the latest CentOS Plus kernel
for CentOS 5.0 (2.6.18-8.1.8.el5.centos.plus) I've found that various
kernel modules are missing- specifically dvb_core cx88_dvb and cx22702
that were used by my system under CentOS 4.x

I've downloaded the srpm and had a bit of a hack. I note with interest
that the source file kernel-2.6.18-i686.config has the line "#
CONFIG_DVB is not set" whereas in kernel-2.6.18-ia64.config it is
switched on: with CONFIG_DVB=y and there is also
CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB=m amongst various other references to DVB in
there.

Does anyone know the background to this- do the DVB modules fail to
build under i686 and are therefore deliberately turned off?  I guess I
may have a hack at the config file and then leave my machine to do
some serious rpm building.

--
Cheers,

Tony