[CentOS] Disabling shutdown and suspend for normal users

Wed Sep 19 14:51:42 UTC 2007
Henk van Lingen <henkvl at cs.uu.nl>

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 03:49:34PM +0200, Bernhard Gschaider wrote:

  > Just set HaltCommand to nothing:
  >
  > HaltCommand=
  >
  > Same for Reboot and Suspend (Havn't tried suspend yet) but my machines
  > allow Reboot and Halt neither from the user menus nor the Login-Screen

  For Reboot and Halt this works. Setting SuspendCommand= does nothing.
  Suspend still shows up in the menu, and hangs the machine.

  regards,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems Administrator & DBA                  (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |