[CentOS] Centosplus kernel does not have framebuffer support?

Wed Apr 16 21:46:14 UTC 2008
Alfred von Campe <alfred at von-campe.com>

I'm still using CentOS 4.6, but have been planning an upgrade to
CentOS 5 for quite a while.  One of the things that was holding me
back is that the CentOS 5.0 kernel did not have the framebuffer
support enabled by default.  So I waited for CentOS 5.1.  However, on
one of my test systems I ran into the bad NFS performance issue (see
CentOS bug 2635), so I plan to use the centosplus kernel.  However,
it appears that this kernel does not have the framebuffer support
enabled -- arrgghhh!

So, is this just an oversight or is there a reason for not enabling
the framebuffer support on the centosplus kernel?

Alfred (who really wants to upgrade to CentOS 5 but cannot live with
the NFS performance issue and does not want to build his own kernel
RPMs)