[CentOS] Re: MS Exchange Replacement

Tue Apr 8 12:55:21 UTC 2008
Fred Kienker <fred at at4b.com>

The HP product OpenMail lives on as Scalix. It's not the best license but it has a goood community. They were purchased in the fall of 2007 by Xandros which has a "special relationship" with Microsoft. It's a bit of a worry but so far so good.

Scalix can push email to Blackberry's and the Blackberry desktop sync program works well with the Scalix - Outlook combination. Scalix promises better integration "shortly".

While it installs with sendmail, it does allow use of postfix, amavis, spamassasin, and clam. For the most part "plays well with others." Like Zimbra it does tend to take over but not NEARLY to the same extent. For example we have successfully integrated Samba on the same server with good results. YMMV

Fred Kienker
AT4B
5261 Sunset Trail
Marietta, GA 30068

Fred at at4b.com <<mailto:Fred at at4b.com>>
770.518.6166 Phone
770.518.6992 Fax

"Advanced Technologies For Business"
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.