[CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on HP DL140 G3

Tue Apr 15 21:01:30 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Karanbir Singh wrote on Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:17:26 +0100:

> now would be a good time to look at the installer docs at www.centos.org/docs/

well, the problem is that the docs do not say anything about what kind of
file that function wants to see.
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Installation_Guide/ch07s04.html
"If you need to use a driver image, such as during a PCMCIA device or NFS
installation, the installation program prompts you to insert the driver (as a
diskette, CD-ROM, or file name) when it is needed."
And that was it. That's not with "linux dd", it's later when anaconda by itself
specifically allows me to provide the driver when it needs it.
It allows me to pick filenames from the media. Very well. But what kind of file
does it expect? If it expects me to select a dd image file. Well, I have already
done that and it fails. That's why I'm asking what kind of file that anaconda
dialog expects. If it expects something other than a floppy image
then it's obvious why it fails.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany