{Disarmed} [CentOS] I meet a problem on installing CentOS4.4 ServerCD.

Wed Apr 16 19:31:15 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

°ü¸®ÀÚ wrote on Thu, 17 Apr 2008 02:03:44 +0900 (KST):

Funny name ;-)

> I want to use HP Embedded SATA RAID controller for RAID 1 (disk mirroring).

Deja vu, I just installed an HP DL where I thought I had problems with the
external RAID controller, but it hadn't. In bypassing I also had to read some
information about those "HP Embedded SATA RAID controllers". AFAIK, these are
not hardware controllers, but "fakeRAID" and therefore everyone usually
recommends *not* using their RAID functions but using the Linux software RAID
directly with the SATA drives.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany