[CentOS] rpmforge problem

Mon Apr 21 17:41:31 UTC 2008
Lorenzo Martínez Rodríguez <Lawwait at yahoo.es>

Hello, I have suffered the same problem you describe with clam updates.
Finally it worked the upgrade from 0.92.XXX to 0.93.

[root at Carmen ~]# rpm -qa|grep -i clam
clamav-db-0.93-2.el4.rf.i386
clamd-0.93-2.el4.rf.i386
clamav-0.93-2.el4.rf.i386

The problem I had was that at starting the clamd the daemon it crashed
claiming something about the database format was incorrect. As you can
imagine I have uninstalled clam*; saved the configuration files;
updatedb; locate -i clam; yum install clamav-db clamd clamav; re-tunned
the conf files, rights, etc...; fresclam; and it is working again.

Hope it helps. Regards,

P.S.: Yes, I do love top-posting if it helps (before some taliban says
something to me, the list is to help people. I hope not to be unpolite)

John escribió:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 14:47 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:

>>> Did you try to manually download it? Several peeps seem to be having a
>>> problem with.
>>> Don't Laugh I stick with what works! Has latest definitions.
>>>
>>> rpm -qa | grep clam
>>> clamav-db-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
>>> clamd-0.91.2-1.el5.rf
>>> clamav-0.91.2-1.el5.rf