[CentOS] mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /blah busy

Wed Apr 23 00:25:57 UTC 2008
Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id>

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 02:39:41 Al Sparks wrote:
> How do I go about troubeshooting this?  I'm using RHEL 4 update 6.
>
>    mount: /dev/sdb1 already mounted or /blah busy
>
> It's actually an iSCSI LUN (NetApp filer).  I successfully configured
> (ext3) and mounted it, but when I rebooted, the /dev/sdb1 device/partition
> is seen by the kernel and it shows up with "fdisk -l".
>
> Nevertheless I get that error.  I've tried "umount" and am informed that
> /blah isn't mounted.  I've tried "lsof" and don't find a process that's
> attached to /blah.

Hi,
Maybe this:
1. Remove the entry from /etc/fstab, reboot.
2. Try to mount it manually. If it works, then something's wrong with the
iscsi startup.

http://linux2.arinet.org
07:25:40 up 23 min, 2.6.22-14-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.