[CentOS] Slightly OT: Extra icons on desktop

Mon Apr 28 20:52:49 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:36 PM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com> wrote:

>  I see that you have solved. If for some reason you wish to keep both
>  definitions (there may be reasons), just add "noauto" (no quotes) to one
>  or both of the entries. This might be useful when you want to mount a
>  different volume, e.g. as a "temp" mount for backup or copy purposes.
>  This is handy when you have, e.g., a couple identical looking external
>  usb drives that are used for different purposes on multiple machines.
>
>  With "label" and "noauto", it keeps me from accidentally mounting the
>  wrong one. No, external labels won't do - purposes change frequently.

I'm not sure I understand this - there are no duplicate entries in
fstab, and the /misc volume does not automount during the boot, or
didn't the last time I booted the machine.

The problem is that I still have two icons on the desktop for a single
mounted disk.

?????

If I want to get rid of the label, how do I do that?  'man e2label'
doesn't say how to delete an existing label....

Thanks.

mhr