[CentOS] 'initrd' image of CentOS (domU) on Ubuntu (dom0)

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Aug 2 17:31:50 UTC 2008

S.A. wrote on Sat, 2 Aug 2008 07:04:42 -0700 (PDT):

> Their image file seems
> to contain everything excepting for vmlinuz and
> initrd.

Ah, well, could be so. I forgot about that. That's a dead end, then ;-)

> tried to go thru a different route to accomplish
> the above. I tried to use instructions from:
> http://www.virtuatopia.com/index.php/Building_a_Xen_Guest_Root_Filesystem_using_yum_and_rpm

Make it easier. Get the jailtime image. Mount it, chroot to it, install the xenU
kernel, mkinitrd, boot with pygrub. Now that I'm reminded of that I know that it
works, I did it with CentOS 4 jailtime images.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany