[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 23:13:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:

>> Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
>> quite sometime ago.
>
> It is powerful, but if the digital camera is a FireWire-based standard-def
> DV camera, the right choice is Kino:

I have been using kino to import from our miniDV camcorder and do some
simple editing -- but all on FC6.  As I wrote in my post earlier in
this thread, I have been unable to do this on CentOS 5.  Were you able
to get kino to recognize the firewire port ?  If so, would you mind
sharing your experience in this forum thread?

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=14858&forum=45

Thanks,

Akemi (nick: toracat)