[CentOS] DRBD 8.2 crashes CentOS 5.2 on rsync from remote host

Chris Miller centos at scratchspace.com
Thu Aug 14 07:55:30 UTC 2008

nate wrote:
> Chris Miller wrote:
>> I've got a pair of HA servers I'm trying to get into production.
>> Here are some specs :
>>

> [..]
>> [root at haws1 ~]# BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at
>> virtual address c
>
> This typically means bad RAM

While I won't rule this out, my local hardware vendor does a 48 hour
burn-in including a full gamut of tests (including memory) before
handing over the servers. These servers are less than two weeks old...

Seems like this is a common type of error in some situations. I
tried to boot in kexec/kdump mode (CentOS 5 replacement for
diskdumputils), but the e1000 driver isn't seeing the NICs after a
reboot via the "capture kernel", so I can't replicate the (rsync
induced) problem and perform kernel debugging. I'll explore this
more tomorrow.

Chris